Our Environmental Policy is as follows:
- The farm is committed to the protection of the environment and minimising any adverse impacts of its activities at all levels, directly and through its influence on others.
- To embrace and promote renewable energy on the farm.
- Integrating good environmental management policies and practices and communicating these to visitors and contractors on the farm
- Conserving natural resources by minimising avoidable waste and pollution and adopting new technologies as a means of minimising its use of non-renewable resources.
- Improving the efficiency of the use of energy, especially through building conversion and lighting.
- Improving the efficiency and use of water by monitoring use and checking of leaks.
- Avoiding the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and processes through a purchasing policy which avoids materials with undesirable environmental impact.
- Developing a recycling and reuse policy for its resources and the use of recycled and recyclable materials.
- Protecting natural habitats and wildlife on land and water by being sensitive to landscape issues and actively promoting habitat creation and biodiversity.
- Promoting an awareness of the need for environmental activity by use of the website.
- Future purchasing of materials and products that give conservation of water and reduced energy requirements
* We are also in the process of calculating our carbon use and our intention is to be carbon neutral in the next year! *